Wm Saunders Partnership LLP’s (trading as William Saunders) head office is based at Sheppard Lockton House, Cafferata Way, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2TN (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
This policy has been written for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which comes into force on 25th May 2018. This policy explains to our customers what data we collect about them, how it is used and how we keep it secure.
William Saunders are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and our Registration No. is Z8577479.
WHO WE ARE
William Saunders are a multi-disciplinary design consultancy with architects, interior designers, structural/civil engineers, project managers, cost consultants, building surveyors and CDM consultants. We work on a variety of public and private sector construction projects across the UK.
HOW DATA IS OBTAINED
We obtain information that you have provided via:
- enquiries submitted via our website using the “contact us form”
- enquiries made in person, telephone, email or by social media
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
William Saunders may collect the following data about you:
- your name and job title (if applicable)
- your business contact details, postal address, landline/mobile telephone numbers and email addresses
- Correspondence and communication preferences
There may be specific instances when we need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. The above data is collected directly, i.e. when you request a quotation or engage with us in relation to services we can offer.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
Personal data is used for the following reasons:
- providing quotations, goods & services and contacting you in relation to services we are able to provide in connection with our line of business
- crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- we have legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (i.e. in relation to and investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
Maintaining customer data is essential to William Saunders and we are committed to keeping personal data safe and secure.
Security measures include:
- anti-virus, Firewall & Network protection on all computers
- all computers, devices and software are password protected
- our server has Watchguard protection
- all back up data is encrypted
- any remote access into our server is closely monitored and via a VPN
- internal policies and training of staff setting out our data security approach
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA?
William Saunders will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary and only for the purposes set out in the Policy. What information we keep will depend on the legal or regulatory requirements and industry practice.
SHARING DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
William Saunders will not share your data with third parties unless required to do so for a reason set out below.
William Saunders will NOT disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below:
- regulatory bodies that may require your data as part of the construction process e.g. planning, building regulations
- debt collection agencies
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:-
- to comply with our legal obligations
- to exercise our legal rights (i.e. in court cases)
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution or offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers
William Saunders will NOT sell customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes
William Saunders Will NOT transfer information you provide to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- At anytime you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you free of charge. A £10 fee may apply if the request is manifestly unfound or excessive.
- In certain circumstance such as where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you have the right to require us to erase all personal data held about you.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date please contact us using the details below.
By submitting your personal information to us you are consenting to the use of that data as set out in this policy.
William Saunders may change this policy from time to time so please check that you have the current version. If you are using our website, you are agreeing to be bound by this policy
Dated: 22nd May 2018